Monday, March 6, 2017

St. Patty's Day Tubes by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here with you today. We love St. Patty's Day at our house. I have some Irish ancestry, so we make sure to do it up right. This year I thought it would be fun to use the SRM tubes to make some pot of gold and rainbow favors. 


When using the clear tubes, I always like to start off with some cute tags. I used the scalloped circles Punched Pieces in black, blue, and green to created my tags.  


I think the both sides of the tag should be equally cute, so I added a Happy St. Patty's Day to the front. On the back I either used the shamrock sticker from the Calendar Companion stickers, or I stamped a shamrock using the heart stamp from the Birthday Plans stamp set


For my rainbow tubes I used the long, narrow Magic Wand Tube. Skittles work really well in them! 7 of each color of Skittle will fill them up. 


For my pots of gold Tubes I added Rolos to the Mini Tubes. 7 Rolos will fill up these tubes perfectly. I thought they needed something more, so I added a little green Sticker Stitches Border sticker to the bottom. 


I finished up with attaching my tags with a little blue or green jute twine. Sláinte! and I hope you have a wonderful St. Patty's. 

No comments: