Thursday, December 14, 2017

Bible Journaling Worship & Praise by Karen


Hello!  Karen here today to share some of my Bible Journaling with you. 


One of the main reason I Bible journal is because it gives me the time to meditate on specific words of scripture. While I am coloring or painting or stamping, I am repeating scripture in my mind and contemplating the meaning of these precious words. The creative process draws me in and allows me to linger longer in the Word. My page today gave me the chance to target specific words and think about the many reasons to worship and praise our amazing God.


Psalm 29 is a psalm of worship and praise. It wasn't difficult to find many of the words used in this psalm in stamp form on SRM's two "wordfetti-style" faith stamp sets - Daily Devotion and Scripture Notes. These two sets contain multiple words that can be used in a variety of ways. 


After lettering "worship" and coloring it in with marker and watercolor twists, I added several word stamps to emphasize some of the words in the Psalm. I also added a star stamp from another set, Child of God. I created the background using the watercolor twists and a water brush. Then, I added a few highlights with my white pen. I really like how this page turned out and am grateful for the time to worship and praise God through Bible journaling. Be blessed!

For this project I used:

No comments: