Friday, May 4, 2018

Add Subtle Color With Water Color Pencils by Samantha


Hello! Samantha here with you today. There are so many fun ways to use water color pencils. Today I'm sharing how to add subtle color with water color pencils to your cards and embellishments. 


 For this card I used the Bible Margins Love stamp set, ColorIn Water Color PencilsA 4" White Doily, gray ink, and some coordinating patterned paper. 


 I love water color pencils, because you can get a soft, subtle color that can be tricky to get from other mediums (like markers). You can also blend 2 or 3 pencils together to get just the right color, like I did for my shade of peachy pink. 


On the far right, you can see the peach marker (which was just too peach for what I wanted), the pink in the center was too bright, so I colored the peach first, overlaid it with the pink, and blended it with just the tiniest bit of water, to get the soft peach pink you see on the far left. 


You can even add subtle color with water color pencils to embellishments like doilies. So the next time you need a soft touch of color, reach for your ColorIn Water Color pencils!

No comments: