Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Journey with Jesus by Jenn


Hey Jenn here, back with a bible journaling page using some bible journaling stamps, markers, stickers and twine. I just returned a few weeks ago from a life changing bible journaling retreat in Oklahoma. The theme of the retreat was journey. One of the scriptures used during our devotional time was
 Judges 18:6 "Go in peace. The journey on which you go is under the eye of the Lord."


I  started this page by using the patterned arrows and colored in a single row with the green marker, creating a faux washi border strip. Then I used a large set of alpha stickers for the word 'go'. I used the Pray Journal Repeat set for the banner, which I once again used a yellow marker to stamp. Once dry I added the word 'journey' with the tiny alpha in that stamp set. I created a tip in using a few die cut pieces and ephemera to hide and create more space to journal my thoughts and prayers. I love using the distressed clear 2018 sticker to notate the year I journaled this page, it totally fit the feel I was going for. Finally I added a fun cluster of tabs and tags using some bakers twine and washi around the page.



Sometimes I need the reminder to step out. Going to this retreat was a little scary. It was my very first, I knew no one and had no idea of what to expect and to top it all off I am kinda introverted. However I knew my Father wanted me to attend so I stepped out in faith believing that he would use this as a part of my journey. I was blessed with new friends, encouraging words and some serious 'God moments'.

Father, I have heard you loud and clear.... I need to go! Give me peace as i continue to search you out as i journey on the path you set out for me. Let me rest in the peace that my journey is not a mystery to you. May my faith grow and strengthen my relationship with you. Amen!!

Hugs and prayers,
Jenn (@creativegurl85)







Supplies Used:
Clear Stamp/ Pray Journal RepeatClear Stamp/ Sermon notes
Clear Stamp/ Bible backgrounds, Marvy Markers/ Primary set,  Bakers Twine, Year of Memories/ Clear stickers

No comments: